Journey is the name of of our Student Ministry. We believe we are all on a journey, both a physical on and a spiritual one. We need each other as we go along. So, at The Journey, we look out for each other and engage in activities that draw us closer not only to each other, but also to Jesus.
We meet each Sunday night at 6pm. We have dinner together, then usually have games, a program, and small groups. We end each week with a prayer circle. Some weeks we do an activity (on or off campus) and sometimes we play games and enjoy fellowship together.
We'd love to have you as a part of our group!
SUMMER: Mission Mondays & Fun Thursdays
Join us any MONDAY this Summer for a local MISSION or service project . Here's the schedule. Watch this page as details may change.
Here are the details for this week's Mission Monday:
No Mission Monday June 26 because of Choir Tour and Assemblies
July 3 - We will meet at the church (lower Parking Lot) at 9:00am to volunteer at Girls Inc. Bring money for lunch. We will return to the church around 3:00pm. You can also meet us at Girls Inc if you need to arrive after 9:00. Please let Scott know you're coming at Sgillenwaters@fumcor.org
- Tuesday, June 13 The work day at Habitat HomeStore has been moved to July 18. There will be no Mission Monday the week of June 12
- June 19 - We will meet in the loft at 1:00 (following choir rehearsal) and will work on the Cozy Area of the Loft, then do some general cleaning in the loft and around the church. Parents can pick up at 4:00. There may also be ice cream! Don't forget to volunteer to help with VBS in the evening. Check with Erin if you've not already done so.
- June 26 Choir Tour/Assemblies
- July 3 Help at Girls Inc
- July 10 Build sets at Oak Ridge Playhouse (Details TBA)
- July 17 Volunteer Habitat HomeStore from 9am-3pm
- July 24 Ramp Building for Backyard Mission (9am-4pm—Meet @ church at 9)
There is no fee for Mission Mondays. Bring money for lunch
THURSDAYs will be just FUN! We'll have a list of great activities all around the area.
Here are the details for this week's Fun Thursday
No Fun Thursday June 29 because we'll be having fun on Choir Tour and at Assembly!
July 6 - Meet at the church bus (lower parking lot) at 7:00pm for mini golf and Pelican Ice. Bring Money. Friends are welcome.
- June 8 Movie/Panda Express (Time 11:45am, $ for lunch)
- June 15 Jump Jam (3PM depart from church bus, $17 admission)
- June 22 Pool Party & Lunch (Details TBA) 5:30-8:30PM Help with VBS
- June 29 Choir Tour/Assembly
- July 6 Mini Golf/Pelican Ice (Meet at church bus at 7PM)
- July 13 Smokes Baseball (Separate form, $25 includes dinner, 4:30-11PM)
- July 20 Bike Virginia Creeper Trail (30 miles) $25 bike rental, plus lunch. Just lunch if you bring your own bike (Meet at church bus at 7:45am)
- July 27 Zoo Knoxville ($20 admission plus lunch) 9:00AM
SMOKIES Baseball Game
Join us Thursday, night, July 13 at Smokies Ballpark in Sevierville. We've got the upper patio reserved, plus we'll eat Calhoun's Barbecue dinner and see a great ball game. Cost is $25 which includes dinner and admission. We'll leave at 4:30PM and return pretty late. Youth can go alone or bring the entire family. Make sure you print the correct form below.
Virginia Creeper BIKE RIDE
Join us Thursday, July 20 for a 30 mile bike ride on the Virginia Creeper Bike Trail between Abingdon and Damascus, Virginia. Bring your own bike or rent one there. Print information and a permission form by clicking here.
GPS God's Possibilities for Students
All youth and youth families are invited to attend our annual Fall Kick-off Event, GPS, Sunday, August 6 beginning at 6:00PM. Look for:
- Free dinner
- Give aways
- Information and sign up sheets for everything youth related
- Info about our new After School Program, Music School, and Fall Programming (among other things!).
- The opportunity to update your Youth Directory photo made
- An inflatable Obstacle Course, Gaga Ball and Giant Jinga.
Got a new family in your neighborhood with youth? Invite them to GPS! Got a friend who doesn't attend church? Invite them to GPS! Got a friend who attends a church with no youth group? Invite them to GPS!
Sunday Night PROGRAMS
We'll take a break from Sunday night programs during June & July. We'll resume August 13.
Get your CALENDAR!
June 23-30 Choir Tour
June 26-30 Jr & Sr High Assemblies, Tennessee Wesleyan University
Friday-Saturday, August 4-5 Back to School Lock-in
Sunday, August 6 God's Possibilities for Student's (GPS) Rally
Friday-Sunday, December 8-10, High School Getaway, Sterchi Lodge (9th-12th Grades)
Every Thursday Oak Ridge Schools are in session, FUMC offers lunch for Oak Ridge High School Juniors and Seniors who have off campus lunch. For a requested donation of $3.00, lunch includes entree, fruit, salad, drink and ice cream. Everyone is welcome.
1st Thursday: Chicken Tenders/Mac & Cheese
2nd Thursday: Cheese Ravioli
3rd Thursday, : Chicken Pasta
4th Thursday: Spaghetti & Meatballs